![]() |
| My laundered $100 bill |
CAST YOUR BREAD UPON THE WATERS...
Yesterday I lost a $100 bill. Today at 1:00 AM I found it (in the last place I looked) in the dryer! After receiving the bill in the late afternoon, I attended a garden seminar at a church, went home and returned to a different church in the morning. Then I came home and checked my purse to find the money gone. I had put $1 in an offering--could I have put in the wrong bill? No. I could visualize the bill I had put in the plate. I went on an extensive search. I took a flashlight to my car seats, checked the laundry and pockets of clothes worn. No "pocket" clothes had been washed. I even checked the ground cover near where I parked my jeep to see if the bill had blown out of my purse or car. Nothing. Not a trace. Finally, desperate, I called both churches--just in case. I even fleetingly contemplated the possibility of the money being stolen somehow at church! I had left my purse unattended briefly when I watered the 6 over-wintering mandevilla. I gave up, figuring out how to make up for the loss--fast for a week, etc. (Interestingly, I found a $1 bill today in that ivy ground cover). I called back both church secretaries to thank them for their efforts and to tell them that the lost had been found. One suggested, "So you're money-laundering now?" The Queen of Laundry did a nice job, don't you think? Very clean bill. A lesson here? Not that I have figured out.

No comments:
Post a Comment