Retiring Rose cleans up--beginning in the basement and moving on up. What treasures will I unearth? Will they be archived or dumped? What memories will be evoked? Or will I just give up and go out for lunch? Join me in 2011 as I "blog in the basement."
Monday, April 4, 2011
Cleaning My Plate - Lunch Today
The only cleaning I did today was of the sort I learned long before kindergarten--clean your plate (and eat your vegetables). It was our 39th anniversary and we still had a $50 gift certificate to use, received last year for Christmas. My lunch was a Cobb Salad with lots of ham and bacon, but no detectable cheese. I tasted a kernel of corn (asked for it on the side just to see if it was special) and decided not to eat it, or the bread. I shared a cup of rich broccoli-cheese soup as well, so I wasn't that hungry. I guess I cleaned my plate of all but the high-carb. I had no such rules in kindergarten. I wish I could go back to my pre-K metabolism! The husband chose pizza, which came on a silver pedestal and had lettuce and some sort of mayo swirls. So, something a little out of the ordinary. Even with a few on-tap beers, we did not use quite all of the $50 gift card.
I happened to be invited to join with gardening friends for dinner, so I cleaned my plate twice today, enjoying two of my favorite foods: beef & pea pods--with just one small scoop of rice. Do you suppose pea pods hanging out over the edge was intentional for the presentation?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment