I bought a high-end brand name dress shirt for my husband in blue--he already has about 10 blue shirts. But the price saving on just that one shirt, looking unworn, would nearly pay for all the other purchases! We'll see if he can find a shirt to recycle. I also bought a denim shirt for myself with cute flowers poking out here and there--perfect to wear to a garden club tour.
Speaking of vases, I found a glass block vase, a style which I have long admired. I have plenty of old flower vases to dispose of without regret so the IN AND OUT RULE can easily be applied here.
I found cotton/linen napkins from Pottery Barn for $.50 each, which I don't really need, but maybe one of my daughters would like them. They just needed a good wash and iron. However, none of my daughters iron--it seems to be a lost art in the next generation. Marissa has just purchased a steamer which seems like an appliance I might actually appreciate receiving as a gift one day. I love using and spraying water in any form! I would steam the whole world clean if that were possible.
I found a glass relish tray just like the one from my youth. It was cheap and I was curious if it was the same as the one I still have from my Mom, but have never used. What happened to the notion of a relish tray with dinner? We used to go to a steakhouse in a previous community and they would have a giant relish tray on the table. I particularly liked the pickled okra, which is something my mother never included. Perhaps I can think of a way to revive the relish tray idea. Anyway, here are the two nearly identical dishes--the silver one is the old relish dish used by Lydia, dating back at least to the fifties.
And a mug--not to collect!--it just looked like a good one for an everyday morning coffee mug--botanically themed and just the right size. I will find a mug to throw out, I promise!
![]() |
| My morning mug with cream |



No comments:
Post a Comment