What wine pairs with salmon? Is the salmon charcoal-grilled, marinated, or topped with pecans and sauce? How about just trying them all? That's what I did last week when we were invited back to the cabin in the woods. (http://retiringrose.blogspot.com/2010/02/in-cabin-in-wood-february-12-2010.html) The husband brought the Riesling and it was just too sweet for me, but after several glasses of wine, who really cares whether the sweetness complements the food?
A few calories in this meal, but so delicious--and nutritious. At least four superfoods were included, if you count the pecans as a nut superfood. New red potatoes, lower in starch--oven roasted with oil and seasonings. Some hot broccoli, salad-like--topped with bacon. Bacon should be a superfood. Everything is better with bacon! I can even imagine (real) bacon bits added to the pecans on the salmon. Hmmm... Roasted potatoes sprinkled with chives and bacon...Mmmm. (There is even a new Bacon perfume, but I think it exudes eau de maple and is pronounced with a French accent). La Salade contained at least one more superfood. I don't remember all the ingredients or if there was spinach in the mix. It would have been perfect with added bacon!
![]() |
| The Salad |
The flavors of dessert: coffee, kahlua, chocolate, cookies, and cream. No superfoods, no bacon--just pure indulgence.
![]() |
| The Dessert |
![]() |
| A new one of a kind crafted coffee table! |






No comments:
Post a Comment